Carol Maguire is a partner in our Commercial Property Department. Carol is one of the founding partners of OCWM Law LLP, having previously been a partner at an international law firm. Carol has been recognised in the Legal 500 as having an “exceptional team and practice”.
Carol qualified as a solicitor in 2007 and is also qualified to practice in England and Wales. Carol holds a Diploma in Commercial Property Law and a Diploma in Construction Law from The Law Society of Ireland.
Carol’s clients include local authorities; regulated property funds; property developers; alternative lenders; landlords and tenants of retail, industrial and office spaces; asset managers and insolvency practitioners. Her recent experience includes:
- advising on the disposal of a substantial industrial property portfolio by a regulated fund;
- advising a Dublin local authority on various property and industrial development matters to include acquisition of lands including by CPO; disposals of industrial lands; consent applications; acquisition of properties to meet housing requirements; advising on property related issues on planning and strategic infrastructure projects;
- acting for both landlords and tenants on commercial leases of office, retail and industrial properties;
- advising a developer on various elements of its application to An Bord Pleanála for planning permission to build a Strategic Housing Development;
- acting for a fixed asset receiver on the disposal of multiple residential units, to include advising on the rights of sitting tenants and assisting in dealing with uncooperative borrowers;
- acting for a property fund on the disposal of a development site which was subject to complex litigation;
- working with our corporate team in advising on the property related aspects of various M&A transactions;
- working with our commercial and corporate teams in advising the promoters of a novel housing project.
Law Society of Ireland
BBLS, University College Dublin
Dip. Commercial Conveyancing, Law Society of Ireland
Dip. Construction Law, Law Society of Ireland