Philip is the managing partner of the firm and the lead partner in the commercial property department. He qualified as a solicitor in Ireland in 1987. Philip has started and contributed greatly to the growth of a number of successive firms in Ireland, including one which formed a merger with an international law firm, while retaining his client base throughout.
His clients include regulated property funds, local authorities, property developers, property funders, property investment partnerships and asset managers in addition to acting for insolvency practitioners.
Philip has significant expertise acting for developers on the purchase, development and sale of both residential and commercial developments. His specific area of expertise is linking the various aspects to a property development and management project, tying in the various legal aspects for the different parties involved in such projects.
Philip is named in the recent editions of the Legal 500 as leading “a formidable team on real estate assignments” as vouched for by clients and contacts that he deals with.
This attribute has been apparent in the various work projects that Philip has been involved in, including the following:
- Leading the team in acting for a Singapore based group of investors in the setup of a QIAIF and advising on the development of their property portfolio within that structure.
- Leading the team on acting for and advising non-resident investors in the setup of separate ICAVs for the acquisition and development of their property portfolio in Ireland.
- Leading the team in providing legal services to the asset manager managing multiple commercial property investments within a regulated property structure.
- Leading the team in selling the various property assets of a QIAIF and of an ICAV, bringing to the end the natural cycle of the property investment for the non-resident investors involved.
- Leading the team in acting for Irish based lenders joining with non-resident-based investors providing mezzanine finance for the loan acquisition of property portfolios in Ireland.
- Advising and assisting the team on various Local Authority property and development projects.
- Advising and assisting the team acting for Credit Unions providing secured lending mortgage transactions to its members.
- Advising and assisting the team acting for receivers on the disposal of multiple residential and commercial properties within a fixed asset receivership sale.
- Advising and assisting the team on the property aspects with regard to setting up new and alternative models to fund housing projects in the present climate and market.
- Recent highlight involves advising regulated property fund transitioning and changing the investment structure to new investment models for the property investors involved.